Sunday, December 13, 2009

What makeup colours (eyeshadow, lipstick etc.) best suit dark hair?

Exactly as the title states except may I add that my hair isn't black but a very dark brown. What makeup would suit it? I also have long hair, no fringe or layers. My complexion is fair to mid-tan and I have green eyes.





Any suggestions are appreciated.





ThanksWhat makeup colours (eyeshadow, lipstick etc.) best suit dark hair?
Here's my make up routine:





Base:


Get a foundation the matches your skin-tone, I use Clinique super-fit makeup in 'Shell.' Find a complimentary blush, I have a rose color, and blend that on your cheeks.


Eyes:


I have this great eyeshadow duo that's just a tad lighter than my skin, and and just a tad darker. If you find one similar to that, I recommend it.


Application: Brush the lighter color from your eyelashes to your eyebrow bone. Take the darker tone and put it just on you eyelid.


If you're going for a really natural look, put just a touch of eyeliner on, I like liquid because it doesn't smear. (I've had the hardest time finding on that doesn't leave me looking tired after an hour. Pencil always smudges under my eye within an hour.) I'd use black or clear mascara on your lashes, curling them makes you look much more awake. If you don't have a curler (you can find them for under five dollars at any supermarket/drug store) you can use a spoon. Put it right at the base of your lashes and then with your fingers, apply pressure and lift up. Not quite as effective, but many make-up stylists recommend it.


Lips:


A nice clear lip gloss will look very sophisticated and young.





Something a little different:


If you want to jazz up your makeup routine, I suggest a dark purple, plum, or mauve eyeshadow. You can get it wet and apply it heavier and right at the base of your lashes for a pop of color. It also sets your eyeliner.What makeup colours (eyeshadow, lipstick etc.) best suit dark hair?
Your coloring sounds very similar to mine. There are usually 2 looks I use. Either dramatic eyes or dramatic lips.





For dramatic eyes: I would start with MAC's Vanilla pigment over the lids. Then blend a dark color into the crease. I love using MAC's Knight Divine (dark gray), Plum Dressing (dark plum), or Woodwinked (warm brown). Apply black or dark gray eyeliner and mascara (I like Almay's eyeliner and Maybelline's Great Lash mascara). Finish with a light shimmery lipglass. I prefer MAC's Lipglass in Nymphette.





For dramatic lips: For eyes I use just the Vanilla over the entire lid, eyeliner and mascara. I make sure my skin is flawless (I use Bare Escentuals mineral powder products) and a light sweep of blush (mine is Bare Escentuals All-Over-Color in Soft Focus). Then I apply a matte red lipstick with blue undertones, I LOVE Clinique's Red Hot. (the blue undertones go well with our skin color and even makes your teeth look whiter...love it!.





You can email me if you'd like to see pictures.


Good luck! :)
a light purple eyeshadow suit u best. for the lipstick u should stick to a light hot pink.
Use eyeshadow from bodyshop and the lipstick from Za or Mac
I would suggest dark eye colours, purples and browns, and pale lipstick, beige and pink would look nice with your colouring.
-For Green or Hazel eyes greens are your best eye shadow colour. To really brighten your eyes try a deep khaki or forest green. Brown, apricot, purple, and plum eye shadow will also enhance your eye colour.


';Edgy'; eye shadow colour favorites for green or hazel eyes are gold, lime-green, really light green, and bright purple.








-I recommend the peach family for brown hair. I would extend that family to include apricots, bronze or copper, beige, tangerine and some pinks. I would suggest these colors for lipstick. The lipstick should be a match to your skintone with a hint of the peach or bronze/copper family. Colos茅 make-up colors that would work for you include, Mandarine, Praline, Caramel, Corail and Orchidee.
well you should wear a clear lipgloss i wear that and im like you dark brown hairwith a bit of a tan and thats wat i use. I also use black eyeliner for my eyes or a light gren or gold or glittery silver lol
maybeline
for a daytime look keep it simple--for your eyes use a brown shadow and liner. Any different shade of brown would look great with your eye color. Just use a gloss during the day.


for a nighttime look--you could still use the brown shadows or you could use a purple (watch the shade--don't want the 80's look) to play it up. I personally like tinted lip gloss. Try not to go too dark with any lip color as your skin is lighter.
don't used light colour,constance caroll its has sunscreen.
Uh for the eyeshadow, a light green/blue

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web hosting domains